The Specializing Master in Service Design was created in response to the growing demand for professionals specifically able to handle the complexity of designing a service. To achieve this purpose, the Specializing Master programme integrates general theory with methodology and hands-on experience aimed at the creation of systemic, complex solutions that blend material and immaterial components.
The Master in Service Design is an international training programme – taught entirely in English – focused on a user-centred approach, and the development of service ideas from contextual research to prototyping.
The overall idea behind the Master stems from the awareness of the significant changes that have occurred in the development and delivery of services and products by companies and public-sector organizations, and the radical impact that these changes are producing on professional skills and corporate capabilities.
It is thus essential to train professionals who can build and manage new physical and virtual patterns of service experience and interaction.
Selection is based on assessment of the candidate’s skills, aptitude, and experience,as well as his/her goals and expectations toward the programme. The assessment is made by the Master Board on the basis of the candidate’s:
- academic records;
- professional curriculum;
- (optional) interview (also by telephone).
Significant professional experience is also considered as a criterion for admission.
With regard to aptitude, the programme prioritizes highly-motivated candidates with creative and relational skills, curiosity, critical awareness, and a pragmatic mentality.
Conditional admission to the programme may be granted to:
- students enrolled at Italian universities whose final degree examination is scheduled for a date subsequent to the beginning of the Specializing Master;
- students with foreign degrees whose validation is not yet complete.
Admission to the Specializing Master may also be granted to students possessing Italian university diplomas or three-year degrees (awarded under the previous university regulations) or qualifications acquired in foreign countries, provided that they are accredited, submitted in the original format, translated, and certified by the Italian consular authorities in the country in which they have been awarded, and accompanied by a declaration of legal validity.
DOCUMENTATION FOR ADMISSION
The application for admission must be submitted by 08/09/2018
The application for admission must be submitted by 08/08/2018 for Italian/EU citizens with foreign Degree and Non-EU citizens residing abroad.
The following documents must be submitted by applicants:
- application form completed in all its parts;
- updated CV (with a photograph);
- motivation letter;
- letter of reference (optional);
- portfolio (optional);
- copy of the passport, demonstrating citizenship;
- scan copy of the original University Degree achieved and related translation in Italian/English/French or Spanish;
- scan copy of the official University transcripts and related translation in Italian/English/French or Spanish or the Diploma Supplement.
In case a candidate will pass the selection, for the enrollment he/she will have to deliver the Declaration of Value from the local Italian Diplomatic authorities, or an Official document issued by ENIC/NARIC centres.